Quite interesting news from desktop blog-editor Qumana.
Under the joint name “Lycos Qumana Blog Tools”, Lycos – the leading media destination for creators and consumers of quality content (ow, that’s a mouthful) – and Qumana – a leading developer of tools and services for bloggers (why is everybody “leading”?) offer not only the “Lycos Qumana Blog Editor”, but also the “Lycos Qumana RSS reader”.
The list of features is quite impressive:
- Mac & PC support
- WYSIWYG editor, as easy as email
- Clean interface with easy to understand buttons
- Spellcheck with check as you type option
- Insert keyword ads in one click from a simple ad preview button ? make money easily!
- Technorati tagging
- Source view to edit HTML
- Save drafts, or edit old posts, from the blog manager
- Easy image uploads
- DropPad – gather links, text, and pictures by dragging them to a resizable desktop pad
- Drag & drop text & images to DropPad and the editor
- Integration with all major blog platforms
- Multi-window editing
- Seamless posting and cross-posting
- Offline editing, and saving
- Trackback & pinging support
- Easy permalink referencing via posts in the blog manager
Combine that with the fact that it works with all major blog software… I am curious to see the first user reviews!
One thing of course is that adding ads is restricted to the Q-Ads, which might be something that not everybody will like. On the other hand this may be an item that can cause some (tiny bit) competition (we are talking economies of scale with Lycos hosted websites) to Google’s Adsense.